Module #11 Matisse & Picasso
I chose the two film "Matisse & Picasso" and "The Impact of Cubism". I chose these film because of the similarities that I saw between these two artists in the reading. I was curious about the relationship these two artist had with each other. It was interesting to note Matisse as the elder in age but new as an abstract/cubism painter when compared to Picasso who began his career at a much earlier age. Matisse was less experienced in the new form of art called fauve which Picasso seemed to acclimate naturally. Matisse and Picasso were part of a new wave of artist who set out to break the rules of realism and color schemes. Instead, these artist used colors and forms to create an artistic style called "cubism". Cubism and it's impact was my choice of film because of the obvious connection to these artists. Although these two artist found favor with the female form in their art, the geometric manner with which they would be illustrated was new a...

Comments
Post a Comment